Purging Compound FAQs
Take a look at some of the common purging compound questions that we are frequently asked at UNICLEANPLUS™.
- Not with any material we are aware of.
- UNICLEANPLUS™ is polymeric base compound, which has neutral behavior with all polymers, additives and colorants.
- UNICLEANPLUS™ is safe on machine barrel and screw. UNICLEANPLUS™ is non corrosive and non-abrasive. It employs surface technology for cleaning.
• UNICLEANPLUS™ is safe on mold cavity steel and hot runner. It can be injected to mold cavity.
- Any hangout’s due to damaged machine elements or complicated screw design, gets flushed out during first molding shot.
- UNICLEANPLUS™ promotes better cleaning without abrasion effect.
- However, UNICLEANPLUS™ has capability for providing grades with blowing agent, if any special case arises
- Since UNICLEANPLUS™ is not used to mold parts FDA certification is not relevant. Being a purging material, it gets flushed out by molding material.
- However, it confirms to migration test.
- UNICLEANPLUS™ has a wide temperature range and barrel temperature can be kept same as that of the polymer used. However, temperature tweaking can be done if the machine or material calls for getting optimum purging result.
- There is no terminology shelf life derived for thermoplastic purging compound.
- Material has to be stored in safe atmosphere away from direct sunlight, moisture, dust and any adverse weather conditions.
- Please call or email to our purging expert.
Need trial sample?
We are here to Help. Learn more about the benefits of UNICLEANPLUS™ purging compounds.